Friday, February 6, 2009

Bunting My Way On Base...

...seems like a good metaphor on the day when the Red Sox equipment trucks headed to Fort Myers. I view these little lists as the equivalent of bunting my way on base: it isn't my best work, and it isn't original, but sometimes it's what I need to shake me out of a slump. So without further ado, here is my bunt single...eh...

1. What is your name: Weather Boy
2. A four Letter Word: wank
3. A boy's Name: Willie
4. A girl's Name: Wynona
5. An occupation: woodworker
6. A color: white (is that really a color?)
7. Something you wear: wellies
8. A food: water chestnut, the one food I would choose to eat if I had no sense of taste
9. Something found in the bathroom: waterstained wallpaper (bonus points!)
10. A place: West Peru, which is still a place in some peoples' minds
11. A reason for being late: waiting for the plumber
12. Something you shout: Whoa, Nellie!
13. A movie title: Waterworld (minus bonus points!)
14. Something you drink: water with a large splash of something else
15. A musical group: Waterboys
16. An animal: wildebeest
17. A street name: Webb River Drive
18. A type of car: Willys Jeep
19. Something scary: water...really deep water
20. Ice cream flavor: White Russian

Okay, that was fun, but I feel like I was thrown out by half a step. Here's another one:

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
I think so, kind of: my great, great grandfather David Kirk was the first generation Scot who came across the pond and settled in Pittsburgh.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Don't really remember, but it was undoubtedly when I heard a song that reminded me of when my kids were little and how grown-up they're becoming. I'm a sap. Maybe something like "The Circle Game".

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I like how it's become such an efficient mix of printing and cursive. Otherwise, it's pretty nondescript.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Corned beef or pastrami. (Although I love a nice MLT...mutton, lettuce and tomato, when the mutton is lean...)

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Yes, two.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
If I'd let me.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Only on those who deserve it. I prefer facetiousness.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
I think so.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Kashi Go Lean, Oat Flakes with brown sugar, Corn Chex, good granola, Cap'n Crunch, Life

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Usually

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
New York Super Fudge Chunk

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
How seriously they seem to take themselves.

15. RED OR PINK?
Pink.

16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
How my disorganization sometimes affects others.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Hmm...I don't think I miss people...I think I miss times or activities more. Like playing softball.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Blue jeans and socks.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Numbers.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Midnight Blue.

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
lime zest

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Our school secretary.


26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Baseball.

27. HAIR COLOR?
Dark brown with whitewalls and an increasingly flesh-colored patch above my forehead.

28. EYE COLOR?
Brown

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No. Good eyesight.

30. FAVORITE FOOD?
The kind you eat. I guess I'd say Mexican.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
It depends on the day: some days it's suspense, some days it's "Little Miss Sunshine".

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
I'm going back and watching Lost, which I missed first time around. We'll see if it sticks.

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Blue lightweight fleece over black t-shirt

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Late summer/Indian summer.

35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Hugs

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Truman

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Whatever has been placed on top of it since we stopped using the desktop.

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Whatever was in the background as I surfed.

42. FAVORITE SOUND(S).
The stream by the house.

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Again, it depends but usually the Beatles

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Paris.

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can flare my nostrils, and roll my tongue and roll my r's, and I pick up dialects really quickly. All really useful.

46 WHERE WERE U BORN?
Hyannis, Massachusetts

48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
In college the first time, and then when I was coaching soccer at the school where she worked.


There. I got on base. Now let's see if this starts a rally...