Sunday, April 6, 2008

Pledge Break

1-800-866-1475. That's the number to call...1-800-866-1475. We're taking a short pledge break from your regular programming because we know this service is valuable to you. 1-800-866-1475. If you check in on this blog from time to time, or if you've come to depend on it for irrelevant diatribes and offbeat meandierings, you know how valuable this service is to you. 1-800-866-1475, and you can make your pledge to support this valuable service. How many times have you been sitting on your couch, food warming in the microwave, and you continue reading even after the bell goes off just because you couldn't stop reading? And by the time you're done reading, your noodles are cold again? Here at TASCTY we call that a "sofa moment". No one's experienced that, huh? Oh. Still, you're here, so you must hold some value for this blog, and it's become a part of your life, right? 1-800-866-1475, and you can put your money where your cursor is. The funding for 65% of our programming comes from you, the listener, and believe me, the cost of putting out quality programming such as this is...free? Really? That last.fm thing on the right doesn't cost anything? Even the cool dancing Bridesmaid logo from the last post was free on the net? Surely it must cost something to ridicule George Bush via YouTube? (If the administration has their way, I'll pay, alright...)
Okay, so it's becoming exceedingly clear that making a pledge to this blog is not going to improve the quality of what you get, but I do implore you to call the number on your screen, or log in to mpbn.net, and get the money scroungers out of my ears so I can continue listening to Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me in peace, minus the begging. 1-800-866-1475.







5 comments:

Mike said...

While your at it don't forget to donate to the Cyclin' Cougars.

http://www.mrsnv.com/evt/e01/team.jsp;jsessionid=723096df457f12515667?id=1506&tid=1496

Clearly I don't have begging issues.

SJane said...

What no Pay Pal option?

The Buck Shoots Here said...

At least they're not pre-empting Wait Wait for the special programming of a dramatic reading of War and Peace...

Beth said...

hmmm, that is one of my favorite radio shows and I usually download it to listen to while I walk--I wonder if this past week's will include the pledge stuff? I'll let you know.

Beth said...

P.S., I told Molly that you and Rachel had blogs and she said--I love Buck--there's nobody cooler than him--I said, wow, that's weird because his blog is calaled "There's always someone cooler than you." and she said, "no, there isn't anyone cooler than him."