Monday, July 7, 2008

But Enough About Me...or Not...

I am...

having a hard time keeping up with blogging, especially now that summer is acting like summer.


I want....

to want less.


I have...

never understood the fascination with Michael Jackson. Or Madonna.


I wish...

there were a way for me to drop out of society and farm garlic for a living.


I hate...

bigotry.


I fear...

very little except for my childrens' and grandchildrens' futures.


I hear...

the voices of generations before in the words of my students.


I search...

for rainbows every time the sun shines after rain.


I wonder...

how we're going to use our ingenuity to get out of this mess.


I regret...

anything I've ever done that wasn't in line with what my heart told me to do. My heart is usually right.


I love...

rain on a metal roof.


I ache...

in the morning, sometimes when I sit too long, after gardening...pretty much always.


I always...

avoid answering the telephone when there is someone else around to answer it.


I usually...

treat everyone with respect they deserve. I wish this could be an "I always..."


I am not...

into yoga/and I have half a brain...(any Rupert Holmes fans out there?)


I dance...

only to music that I find worthy of the energy, and only spontaneously.


I sing...

better than I think I do. I'm working on my confidence.


I never...

have had much confidence in my abilities.


I rarely...

argue when I don't know I'm right. It's an infuriating trait to some.


I cry....

more about happy things than about sad.


I am not always...

good at remembering.


I lose...

my temper very rarely, but it's not pretty when I do.


I'm confused...

about the formulas in the physics class I'm taking. Old mental blocks die hard.


I miss...

Too Much Joy. They wrote the soundtrack for my life from age 18 to 30.


I need...

much less than I want.


I should...

eat less meat.

3 comments:

The Buck Shoots Here said...

At least I understand why you won't answer the phone... even though sometimes I just wish you would.

Love you anyway.
:)

Katie said...

I don't like answering the phone either. But caller ID has helped me feel less conflicted about it.

Jill said...

I think everybody's afraid of the future